Thursday, May 12, 2005

Thunder, Lightning

Last night we had our first storm. It was small but it had the two essential things, thunder and lightning.

We I was a kid I was terrified of those two things, I don’t know why. I just was scared.

Well, now it’s one of those strange occurrences where I like sitting by the window, or at least have a good view of, what I consider, a great light show. I really like, what I call, heat lightning where you see it flash in the clouds with those low long rumbles of thunder. I think it’s the best part of spring and summer.

Occasionally, we get one or those storms where you can see bolts of lightning shoot down from the sky creating some great images as I try to capture them on film with my camera. Ah the joys of something so scary but so much fun to watch.

What’s your favorite weather moment?

Later!

3 Comments:

At 12:55 PM, Blogger PaintingChef said...

Found you through BlogExplosion. I'm with you, thunderstorms are the BEST! I just love to curl up on our front porch with a big glass of wine and watch the storms rolling in. I get so excited when that "severe weather warning" flashes across the bottom of the television, I'm like a kid at Christmas.

 
At 6:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to go with really, really heavy rain storms, the type of stuff that hurts your head when it falls and you feel as though you're in a shower - has to be warm though!

Oh, and I found you through BlogExplosion too by the way!

 
At 10:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...well, I just like sweet, gentle rain, with a soft wind that may pick up every now and again, just to hug you and let you go...

but my favorite weather moment is a partly cloudy, sunny Spring day, with a light breeze. ;8^)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Promote your blog for free.