Thursday, May 05, 2005

Metamorphosis

When I was little (Oh, wow this is going to be interesting) I was told, like most kids, I was mostly fearless. I wasn’t shy I would walk up to people in a store and strike up a conversation with them.

I would talk about anything and they would usually entertain me by continuing the conversation. And this would continue until my mom or someone pulled me away.

Well let’s flash forward to now.

I fear calling people on the phone. I don’t know why. I think I’m just sick of using the phone. You want me e-mail me. I know it seems a lot less personal, but that’s me. But on the other hand people always say, “We have to do something, call me” Um… Why can’t they call me and ask hey want to so something?

Why do I always have to make the plans, when it was their idea in the first place?

I sound so whiny, huh?

Oh well I hate strange social situations. If I go somewhere I need someone I know to be there also, or I will probably do one of 3 things:

1) Stand in a far corner away from everything waiting for someone to talk to me.

2) Just look around and leave

3) Freak Out break out in sweat and run away

Is this normal? I dunno. I think at some point everyone changes and for some reason I don't know why I did.

Later!

3 Comments:

At 10:05 AM, Blogger LingLing said...

isn't that weird?--I've had the same thing at times. It was really terrible in my late teens.

It gets better tho, if you just force yourslef to keep being in those situations. Good luck,
cheers, LingLing

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger Mr. Outrageous Ebay Auctions said...

Nobody knows what to do as an adult and I still have'nt figured it out. If you do let me know. Nice blog.

 
At 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

After being a loner and introvert for the majority of my life, I began a new way of being social. I just stay quiet. ;8^)

When I stay quiet, yet I'm present every day (like at work), people feel compelled to come and find out more about me. Silence triggeres curiousity. Why is that?

Of course, the first thing they want to know is why I'm "so quiet"...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Promote your blog for free.