Saturday, March 26, 2005

Moral Dilemma

Ok, so they revamped the promo department at work and are creating a new full-time position.

I know some people say “Why are you sitting on your ass go for it.”

Well, here’s the thing. I know the other people going for the job. They have been there longer than I have and sit probably better in ran k then me. They have been waiting for an opening in the department for at least a year or more. They in the mean time took sales assistants jobs, so it’s not like they don’t have a full-time job, unlike me who is still coasting as part-time.

Basically I’m saying should I apply?

3 Comments:

At 2:54 PM, Blogger Phil said...

Damn straight you should apply! Just because some other people have been waiting longer than you doesn't mean they're better qualified or more deserving. That determination is up to the hiring manager. If you're qualified for the job, want the job, and have the opportunity to apply, then do so.

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger gail said...

Go for it, baby!!

 
At 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup--gotta do it! Even if you do not get the position you have let the "powers that be" know that you are interesed in staying with the company and working full-time. And almost any interview is good practice for that next job hunt. Go For It!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Promote your blog for free.