Thursday, February 10, 2005

Is Valentines Day that special?

I pose this question because as I grow older I realize that people base their relationships on select days. Think about it there’s the first date, birthday, Christmas, Valentines Day and then we hit the Wedding. You might think well so yeah that’s, uh…right. But do people put too much into some of these days?

Someone I work with always says, “If I treat you right everyday, meaning don’t lie, cheat or steal from you, I don’t have to buy you a box of chocolates (gift, card and flowers) on (said holiday).” He also takes his girlfriend out to dinner 4 or 5 times a week. I think he has a point.

Someone can treat someone like they are the world but when on of the mentioned days above comes around, why do people freak out when warned in advanced that they won’t be receiving any Hallmark Greetings. Since when is “love” a piece a paper written by someone else, flowers, and chocolates?

Just something to think about this coming week?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Promote your blog for free.