Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Job Search

Why is finding a job so hard? I have been poking around looking for a full-time job. I like my Part-time job but unfortunately the bills of college expenses and daily life add up and money gets slim. So, If employers are desperate for employees why is every job available require "3-5 years experience REQUIRED!" Yes, most job post say "required" or "must have" in big bold letters.

Another thing I have found is these companies that have these clients like local sports,entertainment and this and that, but have so random email address to e-mail resumes and portfolios too. I'm sorry but sending info to joeschmo@yahoo,hotmail, etc... Does not seem reliable or legit.

Does anyone think I'm being to picky? And I'm sick of getting sales job offers. I don't like sales. I don't that cut throat and I am being lied to when people say it's just friendly competition. Yeah sure it is.

So if anyone is looking for a college grad who's degree is in Ad/PR and had promotions experience in radio that can be applied elsewhere let me know. Hey, shameless plugs sometimes work.

5 Comments:

At 10:04 PM, Blogger jean-pierre said...

Look man. Your country needs you now.

I'm not saying you have to join the Army or Marines, but a man with college smarts could probably do pretty well in the Air Force or Coast Guard, and thus not have to be on the ground in Iraq or Afghanistan.

If you don't believe in killing people, be a medic, or a psych tech, or a supply officer. The military will give you benefits in futher education (a B.A. or B.S. doesn't really get you the really good or well paying jobs, usually. You'll find out!) medical, dental, discounts and more. Check it out!

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger jean-pierre said...

Check it out -- http://www.af.mil/factsheets/

You won't even have to do patrols or convoys on the ground.

To get a really good job these days you need more than a B.A. or B.S.

So consider the Air Force or Coast Guard. And go in as an officer. Don't even think of wasting your college degree slogging it with enlisted. Many enlisted are jealous and will not make it easy for you to get promotion.

You don't believe in violence? Fine! Go into OTC, get a commission as an officer in Supply, or even better in some sort of Medical training program. But your country needs you now.

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger rent91981 said...

Why beyond the point I was trying to make. And then a unsolicited ad for military duty which I find it's a bunch of crap anyone has to be over there right now because someone wants to play tic-tac-toe with countries in the middle east. Thanks for Posting to my blog and please keep the advertisments to yourself.

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger Paul Adams said...

Hello rent91981! I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
I also have a web site & blog about job skills so I know I'm talking
about when I say yours is top-notch! Keep up the
great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!
If you have a moment, please visit my site job skills
Best success!

 
At 6:09 AM, Blogger James Baker said...

Hi rent91981! You have a great blog over here!
Please accept my compliments and wishes for your happiness and success!
If you have a moment, please take a look at my site:
job hunt
It covers job hunt related contents.
Have a great day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Promote your blog for free.