Friday, April 15, 2005

Never look back

Whomever said that should be shot! Well or severely beat up. I just realized that in about 2 weeks it will be a year since I graduated college. Kind of strange to look back, but I think it's all for the better. So over the course of the next 2 weeks or so I will write about some highs and lows of college life.

So living in Downtown Pittsburgh was tough, but interesting. I learned that Pittsburgh has more pseudo-homeless people than NYC, Why Pseudo-homeless? Well when they beg with Starbucks coffee cups there is something wrong.

I also learned about Public Transportation, since I did not have a car until my last semester of school. Pittsburghs public transportation can be a pain. I enjoyed the "T" our version of the subway for those who aren't from around here.

The best and somewhat of a tourist attraction is the incline that takes people to the top of Mt. Washington to see the city skyline, and marvel at how nice it looks. Don't get me wrong, I love the Pittsburgh Skyline but it's misleading, but that's another post.

Most people take the dreaded BUS also known as a PAT Bus. One day when going to the Oakland section I ended up on one of those crowded "let's get the hell out of here" rush hour jammed buses. At one of the stops to pick people up this lady boards and sits next to me. All of the sudden she whips out a bag of balloons and starts making balloon animals and handing them out onto his over-crowded bus.

There where hats, dogs and swords. Kind of amusing but when a giant balloon inflates inches from your face it's a strange feeling.

That's my bus story.

Later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Promote your blog for free.