Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Idol Things Part Deux

Dear America,

I have come to realize that life is a popularity contest. He/She who has the most friends wins. This dawned on me while watching American Idol results show here are a few things that are wrong with people who watch and vote on AI:

1) IF you voted for the screaming Banshee Fantasia (no mention of her daughter, go figure) you should be smacked in the head repeatedly. She just screamed that crappy ass song.

2) If you voted for Anthony Federov you just should defect the country right now. He is absolutely horrid. We are looking for the best singer, not who has the most text messages to waste.

3) Even though I don’t care for Nikko Smith, he sang a lot better than Scott who like to beat on people. I know I sound harsh, but come on America let’s use those ears. This shouldn’t be “Oh my god, my fantasy crush just sang really badly, but he/she is oh so dreamy I MUST SAVE THEM. NO STOP DOING THAT! That’s not the point of the show.

So wise up America and vote for the singers, not just your favorite person because you want some fantasy date with them. If I was a judge I would have turned and faced Federov and say “You know you should be up their in the bottom three and you should feel ashamed that you are safe and sending someone better than you home!”

Thank you America and goodnight!

Questions or Comments anyone bring them on!

3 Comments:

At 11:41 AM, Blogger carrotpenis said...

The issue is with how the voting works. Instead of Fox having people vote for their favorite they should vote somebody off the show. Smith could have easily been everyone's second choice, but probably not their first. The voting format isn't consistent.

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Molly said...

I have to concur...it was ridiculous that Nikko went home on Weds. night...he was not the worst singer of the night. I hate the results, almost enough to make me stop watching, yet I seem to tune in every week *sigh*

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Anne said...

I think voting someone off instead of voting for your favorite would work a lot better than the current system.

I'm still shocked that Scott is still there. He's not that good, he has no stage presence and he's a girlfriend abuser. Get rid of him!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Promote your blog for free.